You may have heard of mobile marketing and realize that it is the next best way to market your products or services. But how to go about it? After you have selected a good provider to help you send your messages, you need to create a marketing campaign, just like you would for any other type of marketing campaign.
Here are 15 steps you can take to ensure success:
1. The same as with other marketing media, start with deciding what your goals and objectives are; what you want to achieve. Plan for mobile – don’t just use a campaign that was developed for another media.
2. Understand the person you’re targeting, what their needs are and why he or she will buy.
3. Decide which action you want them to take. Mobile marketing is highly interactive, allowing you to engage with your customer. Make sure your customer feels engaged.
4. Try something new – mobile marketing is a relatively new field. Dare to be different. Yes, there always is the possibility of failure, but at least you will know what doesn’t work.
5. Don’t go mobile just because it is a new technology. Make sure it is a well-thought out advertising campaign.
6. Keep it simple. Make sure any customer can repeat your offer to another prospect in one sentence or less. All winning campaigns are simple.
7. Target several niches for maximum effect. To call your campaign effective, you need to target all your customers – do not exclude anyone.
8. Make sure your messages are relevant to ensure maximum engagement.
9. You need a clear call to action so your customers know what to do. If they are unclear on the next step to take, you will lose them.
10. Don’t forget about your brand. You need to keep the brand in the customers’ minds to build loyalty to your brand.
11. Make sure you use the opportunities that are unique to mobile, such as location-based services and text campaigns. Also offer content that is exclusive to mobile so you don’t alienate your PC readers.
12. Look for evidence that your campaign was a success and that you have achieved a return on your investment. This is why you created the campaign.
13. Is your presentation up to scratch? If not, you may lose some customers.
14. Don’t forget to test everything first to make sure it looks good.
15. Also, test the results so you know what to avoid or concentrate on in future.
About the author: Article by Hannah du Plessis. As you probably know, mobile marketing is a future trend, and if you know how to use it to sell and generate leads, your business will grow. Click here to learn more about Mobile Marketing.