Conduct an Internet search for Search Engine Optimization (SEO) tips and you’ll quickly find a great many sites that are eager to pass along SEO tips but violate some of the Universal SEO Truths that they endorse. Ironically, these sites rank well for the keyphrase “search engine optimization tips”, but the SEO tips that you seek are:
1. Buried in dense blocks of text which make them difficult to find.
2. Featured on sites so unappealing to the eye that you don’t care whether the content is good or not.
3. Bracketed by distracting ads that encourage you to Buy Their SEO Book!
Please bear in mind that achieving success through search engine optimization is highly dependent on a wide range of factors and any ethical Internet marketing consultant will tell you that up front. Some rules will apply to your website and some will not. But even when everything is done correctly, ranking well doesn’t happen overnight as some sites lead you to believe. It takes time but if you’re willing to be patient, search engine optimization will help you and your business achieve its goals.
Additional Search Engine Optimization Tips
1. Know Your Target Audience â€“ Before any code or content is written for the site, think about your target audience and keep them in mind at every stage of site development. Consider age, gender, and especially, think about the things that will make your target audience want to visit your site often.
2. Build a Clean, User-Friendly Site â€“ Web users have very short attention spans and the decision to linger at your site or clÃck the Back button is made in a few seconds. Build a site that’s easy on the eyes and structure it so that information can be found quickly and easily. Use bulleted lists, subheads, bold important text but don’t overdo it, and use clean, intuitive page layouts. Avoid building pages with frames, .PDF’s, and Flash. By the time these pages have loaded, your viewer is probably long gone.
3. Well-Written Content â€“ Make sure the content on your site is well-written, gets right to the point, and doesn’t insult the intelligence of your readers with wild claims and hyperbole. Good content encourages readers to explore the other pages of your site and creates high-quality inbound links.
4. Let Keywords and Keyphrases Occur Naturally â€“ Both search engines and readers alike will notice obvious keyword stuffing immediately and your credibility will suffer. Let the words and phrases that you want to optimize occur naturally in the content without overdoing it.
5. Use Short, Relevant URLs â€“ Give your page URLs good file names which include the keywords optimized for that page and definitely avoid query strings. Try to limit page titles to relevant words separated by hyphens. For example, instead of “.com/seo” try “.com/search-engine-optimization-tips” or “.com/seo-tips. ”
6. Good Meta Descriptions â€“ Keep meta descriptions between 200-250 characters and make them relevant to the page and informative. Good meta descriptions raise confidence that the page will contain the information that web users seek therefore making it more selectable.
7. Quality Inbound and Outbound Links â€“ The quality of your inbound and outbound links far outweigh quantity for SEO purposes. Link farming is frowned upon by search engines and readers alike. If someone clicks on an outbound link from your site, make sure that it takes them somewhere interesting and informative or they’re not likely to clÃck on another.
8. Limit Keywords and Keyphrases â€“ Feature two or three optimized keywords and phrases on each page and again, make them occur naturally in the content. If you want to rank well for other terms, simply build other pages optimized for those terms.
9. Update the Content Regularly â€“ Add new content to your site on a regular basis. It gives your site visitors something new to read and the search engines will be inclined to index your site more frequently.
10. Avoid Unethical SEO Methods â€“ Link farming, duplicated content, cloaking, spamdexing, and other attempts to fool search engine crawlers will get your site penalized and buried where no one can find it. Search engine algorithms are increasingly sophisticated and Black Hat SEO methods will destroy any possibility for ranking well.
These are just a few search engine optimization tips for you to consider that will help your site rank well and there are many, many more. For a more thorough understanding of how these strategies and others work together to bring positive results, explore the other pages of this site and contact an experienced Internet marketing expert. The guidance and counsel of an ethical search engine marketing consultant is the best SEO tip of all.
About The Author
Brick Marketing offers full service Website Marketing services such as: Search Engine Optimization, Pay Per ClÃck Management, Social Marketing, Blog Services, Affiliate Program Management and more. Telephone 877-295-0620 or visit Brick Marketing Search Engine Optimization Services .