When people are looking to buy something they often look online first, this might be to look for more information about the product, look at the price of the product or quite simply see where they can buy the product from. As marketing methods continue to evolve here we explore a select few reasons why having a website has become critical for any business.
- Creates an immediate poor impression if your business is not online. It suggests that your business is outdated and stuck in the past.
- Not having a website can cast doubt in potential customer’s minds; they might think that you are a smaller business that is not very serious about business development and progression and therefore might not have the resources to look after their needs.
- Having a website is a great way to provide people with useful information, for example any shop opening hours, any special offers, new products, company news/ updates etc.
- You can increase awareness of your business on a larger scale as you are no longer confined by location.
- Having an online presence means that you can have a continual presence. People can always go online to view your website but they can’t always come into your store. Therefore you are allowing potential customers to have 24/7 access to your products and your services.
- Marketing continues to evolve; having a website and an online presence is becoming an effective tool for bringing about business awareness.
- Your website also has a long lifespan, it is a constant / continual reminder that your business exists. Therefore having a website can be a much more effective marketing tool than perhaps earlier marketing methods such as print advertising that people often disregarded.