You will have used the internet often enough to know what websites infuriate you or even better… know what websites keep you coming back! So when it comes to designing your own website make sure you bear in mind these very influential factors that will hopefully leave a positive lasting impression on those visiting your website.
- Make sure your web design is clear and easy on the eye. Your visitors will want to be able to find exactly what they are looking for with minimum effort.
- Make sure you include adequate white space. This will focus the attention to the most important things on your web page.
- You should use good quality and professional photo’s / images. Poor quality or blurry images can make your business appear very unprofessional and even tacky.
- In addition, make sure your images are of a suitable size. Image files that are unnecessarily too big will hamper your page load processing and will considerably slow it down.
- Keep things simple and avoid using flashing animation or numerous pop up’s that will only irritate the user.
- Make sure your web design includes the fundamental pages, these are usually regarded as; home page, about us, contact page and site map! Having these pages will also benefit your website in terms of search engine optimisation as the search engines will see that your website is of good quality and likely to be useful to users.
- Finally… include a clear call to action on every page. Give your readers direction. Do they need to buy now; sign up to a newsletter etc? Use this opportunity to tell your web visitors what you want them to do.
There is a lot more to web design than just these 7 tips so when it comes to re-designing your website or starting off afresh, make sure you enrol the help of someone who knows what they are doing in order to ensure your website stands the best chance of success!