Here are my revelations and top tips taken from “How to engage your audience with Twitter” after watching the webinar with #TwitterAcademy by @Lavbri.
- Find your unique voice – followers and readers will get to know the tone of you and your company’s voice, so don’t be afraid to experiment until you find a tone that works for you!
- Look at conversations that are already taking place, you can search for key words that are specifically relevant to you and your business and see what other people are saying about them.
- Keep an eye out on what is trending with the hash tags, one day there might be something relating to your business.
- RT (Retweet) any positive content that you or your company receives, people are attracted to positivity.
- Similarly respond and reply to any negative content. This will show that you are responsive and keen to overcome any problems, highlighting your exceptional customer service.
- Get your audience to engage; ask questions or specifically ask them to RT your tweets, this will allow your tweets to be seen by a wider audience.
- Use rich media to attract attention; don’t be afraid to use images or short videos
- Organise your tweeting, at the beginning of the week, set up a schedule and assign a particular aspect of tweeting each day e.g. Monday concentrate on looking for useful posts to RT, Tuesday concentrate on producing new content (short, snappy tweets), Wednesday concentrate on your followers…and so on.
- Take advantage of key dates, holidays, sporting events, live events etc. Make sure you use the hash tag so your tweets will appear in the feeds of other tweeters when they look at trending topics.
- Don’t be afraid to show off your expertise with informative tweets and make use of your industry connections by tagging others in your tweets.
Follow these Ten Tops for Twitter Success… go on get Tweeting!