Email marketing is a great way to increase your return of investment. With the potential to increase further sales from your existing client base, email marketing will also allow you to target new prospective clients. Here are 7 reasons why email marketing is fundamental to your business success.
1. Email marketing is efficient and cost effective. You can get a lot of information out to a large number of people in very little time.
2. You are able to target people more easily as 38% of email is now opened on a mobile device according to iMPACT branding and design. This means that your emails are becoming more accessible.
3. If your email content is valuable to your customers they will appreciate what your email has to say. For example you can use your email to keep your customers up to date with any company news, new products, offers etc.
4. Your email can be perfect for generating business leads. Well written reminders or information about your products or services can generate new sales as you use your email to persuade clients why they need your product or service. iMPACT branding and design has revealed that “email marketing as a channel was the third overall lead generation source for marketers in 2013, producing 13% of leads.”
5. In particular the confirmation email that you send out when someone buys a product from your website can effectively generate further sales as you can use this email to recommend related product suggestions.
6. When it comes to sending business emails it is important that you spend some time first creating segmented lists. These are important for better management and will allow you to send more relevant information to different groups of clients. For example you might want to send an introductory offer to prospective clients in comparison with perhaps a discount code that you might send to existing clients.
7. Email marketing can also be used to direct traffic to your website. This can be achieved by including links within your email. This can be particularly useful if your want to push clients / prospective clients towards a particular product or drive traffic to a specific page