Using video to promote your website, services, or products has become an integral component of online advertising. With the explosive popularity of sites such as YouTube (now considered the number two search engine online), Vimeo, and others – it’s time to embrace video and make it work on behalf of your company and your website.
Here are some amázing statistics about online video from 2010:
* 172 millíon U.S. viewers watched an average of 14.6 hours of video.
* Over 40% of consumers watch online videos on a weekly basis – Over 70% watch monthly.
* YouTube serves over 1 billion videos per day.
* YouTube (owned by Google) is expected to hit $2 billion in revenue during 2011.
* Viral video marketing campaigns boost clickthrough rates by 750%. (MarketingExperiments.com, November 2006)
* E-commerce sites that use product videos sell up to 45% more. Onlineshoes.com says it sees a 45% higher conversion rate for customers who watch videos on its website. Zappos.com says it sells up to 30% more for products that it shows in videos instead of just static pictures. (Sources: ReelSEO, Internet Retailer)
Online video marketing first surged in 2007 and has been growing exponentially every year since. Over $3 billion was spent on online video advertising during 2010. With online video becoming such a major marketing player, it’s an important advertising genre to consider embracing.
Here are a few basic concepts to keep in mind when considering the use of online video to promote your website, company, products, or services:
1. If you’re going to create video to showcase a product, your services, or just introduce your business…it has to be creative and compelling. Your video needs to spark some type of emotion from the viewer. Whether it’s humorous, intriguing, or somewhat controversial, you need this “hook” to create a clip that people will want to see and recommend to others to watch. The hook is at the core of any good viral campaign. Get creative and come up with a catchy plan!
2. Online video offers another outlet to showcase your brand. Make sure that you include your site logo or company logo on any streaming video that is released. If you create and submit video to video sharing websites or other channels, then using branded video clips will further boost your website and company exposure to potential customers.
3. Testimonials. These are incredibly popular and important. Again, they need to be genuine and not manufactured. Having real customers discuss why they chose your products or services and how it has been beneficial to them displays a great deal of credibility for your company. These are the videos that you will definitely want to promote on multiple social media sites!
4. Be genuine and real. If you are going to create a video about your company…film your real employees, in your office, doing real work. Don’t “manufacture” a video that is fake and staged. People will see right through it.
5. Use video as a platform for your products. Show people how they work. Detail how and why your product is superior to competitors and why people should purchase your products. Highlight the benefits that customers will receive by purchasing your products.
6. If your business is service oriented, then show viewers how your services are performed. Explain to them what makes your services superior to competitors. Tell them why they should call or email you to procure your services.
7. Webinars (Web Seminars). These are what I like to tag as “stage 2” videos. These are training videos that primarily work best for websites that sell products. These webinars should be created to train your customers on how to properly use your products. Most of the time, this type of video will be much more detailed and involved. However, they are extremely important as well. When a potential customer wants to purchase a product, yet they are unfamiliar on how to effectively use it, they will be reassured to know that you have online videos available to them for additional training.
8. Once you have videos in place, continue to get creative. With the emergence and popularity of QR codes, you can now provide potential customers the ability to watch a video by scanning a QR code with their smartphone. Create and print new business cards for your company that feature a QR Code that card recipients can scan and then watch a video about your company, your products, or whatever you want them to view.
This certainly isn’t an exhaustive list by any stretch. However, I hope it will compel you to think about the myriad of ways that online video can be beneficial to your company. With the constant expansion of Internet users each year, creative marketing is going to always be needed in order to succeed in the World Wide Web. Online video is emerging as one of the best and most effective ways to reach potential customers. So…grab onto it and use it creatively!
About The Author
Color Card Administrator is the parent company of PrintBusinessCards.com and several other innovative Real Estate Business Cards website, we’re eager to share with you what it is we do. Give us a call today at 858-522-9335 or email at Author@CardAdmin.com for . We look forward to discussing your comments, suggestions, or hearing any ideas for future article topics you may be interested in regarding business cards design or business card management from professional business cards company.