Pinterest is becoming a key player in social media. Yes that’s right the social media site that was only born in 2009 is now the third largest social networking site out there and its popularity is expected to continue to grow. Pinterest is the social media network that is primarily based on “pinning” (posting) images to your various boards (your account). Business owners are now beginning to utilise Pinterest by posting images of their products and services generating a greater exposure that is often leading to an increase in sales.
Having said that the success rates that Pinterest is capable of producing are not down to chance. In fact if you want your Pinterest to successfully convert traffic to your website and then on to a sale you are going to have to spend some time perfecting how you use Pinterest.
Social Marketing Writing has provided an info graphic that describes 33 ways to get more pins and repins on Pinterest. I have selected what I believe are the 7 most important actions that you can take.
- Pin on more than one board- if you are pinning on several boards you should get more repins.
- Sign up for a business account- this will allow you to analyse and track your results so you know which posts are the most popular and which pins you should focus on sharing.
- Categorise your pins – this will increase your pin exposure as people will be able to find your pins more easily.
- Make sure your pin descriptions provide enough detail about the product to make people want to click through to your website.
- Use popular key words – the 5 most popular words are love, home, things, style and ideas.
- Use call to actions in your pin descriptions.
- Share your pins on other social media networks but only a select few images, you don’t want to bombard your customers.